Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Week 10

This week has been fantastico!  I’ve experienced our first baptism, Rebecca.  She is the one who my companion Hermana Hill and myself refer to her as, our Spanish Grandma, but really she is from Mexico.  From the first day that we taught her she has always made me feel welcome, and she told me, “mi casa es su casa” (my house is your house).  Her baptism was a very special day!

Madrid is truly an international city, because the majority of the members and people we are teaching are from either Peru, Ecuador, or Columbia.  They feed us well when we are invited over, and I’m eating some interesting things.  I find they like to serve warm juice, and the most different by far is a Peruvian homemade drink consisting of purple corn, lemon pulp, and sugar.  I’ve learned to ask for it hot and with extra sugar, it’s definitely much better.  My dad was right, even the milk is served warm.  Gag!

Until next week, may your heart be full of joy!  Love Hermana Mik


My Companion, Hermana Hill, Newly Baptized Rebecca, and myself.

Dinner with a member family, the Benitez, they have all served missions.  Ashley likes my hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment