Thursday, May 12, 2016

11th Month – May

11th Month – May

May 30, 2016

I'm headed to the Canary Islands!  President called Saturday morning and asked, "Hermana Charlesworth are you worthy and willing to serve where the Lord needs you?" My new journey is taking me to Telde where I will serve as an STL (Sister Training Leader) and my new companion will be Hermana Freestone!

Love you all!!! Study your scriptures.

Me toca a Telde en la Gran Canaria! Allí seré la Hermana Entrenador por las islas con la Hermana Freestone.  Estoy muy animada, nerviosa, y agradecida por la oportunidad que tengo servir con los misioneros allí!

Nunca podría olvidar me tiempo en Barrio 4 con me compañera la Hermana Barcenas y con la magnífica gente por allí.  Pensé que tendría más tiempo para escribir pero empezamos trabajar ya!

Cuídense y les quiero!

Hermana Charlesworth
Iré y Haré y Seré


Goodbye Spain




Flying to the Canary Islands



Flying into the Canary Island Airport



The Canaries



A Metro (Subway) in the Canaries




Mikaela with New Little Friend




Wednesday May 25th


Hola Familia y Amigos!

This past couple weeks have been buenisimo!  Why?  We are almost 100% healthy!  I'm loving the mission, we see miracles every day.  God is great, God is tender, but I've learned that God will also test our faith.  Always put your trust in him, he's your Father and he loves you dearly. 


SCRIPTURE POWER!  Keeps me safe from sin, SCRIPTURE POWER!  Is the power to win.

Scripture Power!

The Gang

Parque de Europa








Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening)







































Thursday May 12th 


Hey Fam and Friends! 

I'm sorry I haven't written in a while!  Thank you for your emails and prayers!  This past week I took a visit to the doc and he announced me as "critical condition" but no worries he took some blood (didn't even cry mom), gave me lots of drugs, and commanded bed rest for a bit. 

This week to prepare for Elder Bednar (who comes Saturday-where having a group discussion, so if you have a question for him pass it to me!)  I've been reviewing his general conference talks for the past ten years. Something I noticed as an ongoing theme, or something I've learned, is overcoming the natural man.  Elder Bednar stated that the number one question in the test of mortality is, "Will I respond to the inclinations of the natural man, or will I yield to the enticing’s of the Holy Spirit and put off the natural man?"  I invite you to meditate this question and remember, "You can have what you want or you can have something better." -Elder Holland. 

I know that Christ is our Savior and that he lives. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that he loves each of his children.  Our MTC President always told us "Don't do anything that would make me (Dad) sad." Our Heavenly Father extends the same invitation, "Don't do anything that would make me sad".  As we know, opposition is necessary for us to be able to use our gift of agency.  When we fail, and no matter how many times we fail, we are saved through the atonement and grace of our Savior.  Apply the atonement, repent!  Change your direction, and remember that your direction is ever more important than your speed. 

I love my Heavenly Father, my fam, and the mission!  Study the scriptures! 

Hermana Charlesworth
Iré y Haré y Seré


Photos:



















My little Spanish amiga Daniela💕

 
Taco Tuesday with menos activo Maria




Renfe (aka: the above-ground train) 



















Grandma & Grandpa Leathum finished their mission!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE reading about your experiences and your testimony. Amazing Hermana Charlesworth. We love you and pray for you. Mwah!! Glad your feeling better. ❤️

    ReplyDelete